I absolutely love these cupcakes! And i've made them a ton these pass couple weeks and EVERYONE has loved them and asked for the recipe! So here you go!!! ENJOY! The frosting is my favorite!
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (I used a 14-ounce can and it was still lovely and pumpkin-y)
Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and the spices. In another bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and eggs. Add dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Then whisk in pumpkin puree.
Line the cupcake pan with liners and fill each about halfway with batter. Bake until tops spring back when touched and a cake tester comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Rotate the pans if needed. (I have one pan, so did not bother with that step.) Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely before icing.
Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and sugar.